Wednesday, 12 August 2009

New Interior

Everything started a few months ago when I decided to design my new interior on a 3D software (Autocad Inventor) I was able to draw all the pieces of wood and turn the cabinet in any direction.

Then I made a prototype with cardboard to make sure that the seats would be the correct size to sit on.

This is how it's gonna look.

Next I made a stronger frame to the correct dimensions.

At the same time I had to think how I could hide the TV behind the cabinet. I bought some drawer runners and started to build something.

My dad came to visit me this week and brought with him and electric window system that I was going to use on my beetle, in France....... 15 years ago.

We went to our local DIY shop for some wood cutting.

And started to build the unit.

My dad has been busy making some brackets for the TV mechanism.

Here's the complete unit with the relays. I had to wire them in such a way that everything will work at the touch of a button.

Everything fits at the back of the seat, beside the space for the spare wheel.

No space for breakfast in the kitchen!

This is how you have to work with the British summer.

After a lot of effort the TV mechanism is finally working

Final touch before everything goes into place.

Bit of drilling.

A bit of space to carry the tools...

Yes we are done.

Need to make some cushions now .

Thanks dad, well done..

No comments: