Saturday, 26 September 2009

Julia's van Repair

Julia's van had a few problems last week, on the way back from Vanfest. The gears didn't pass properly and then the starter motor stopped working, so me and Darren decided to have a look this week. We first changed the starter motor but the engine still couldn't start. We had to take it off.

We found out that the starter motor bush was damaged and Darren had a go at fixing it.



The flywheel had been damaged by the old starter motor.



We're gonna change the flywheel with this one after cleaning it.
As we didn't have any shims we couldn't setup the end play. We will have to come back next week.

Saturday, 19 September 2009

Tuesday, 8 September 2009

Monday, 7 September 2009