Sunday 30 March 2008

Volksworld 2008

The 2008 Volksworld Show was organised this weekend at the Sandown race course.
I left early in the morning in order to make the most of the show. After only 2 miles the engine started to play up. The petrol didn't seem to be getting through. I stopped on the side of the road to try to clean the carburator but everything was fine. After another 2 miles of spluttering I decided to come back home because there was no way I could have made it through the M25. On the way home I thought that the problem might come from the fact that last week I had emptied the petrol tank and there might have been some dirt in the bottom. I will have to clean the circuit. But then I wiggled the reserve button to see if it was stuck.... you never know. From then on the engine stopped spluttering and had its power back, so I turned around again and decided to go to the show.
Everything went well after that but I will have to keep an eye on it.

When I arrived, Rikki saw the van and asked me to put it in the display area inside the arena. I couldn't believe it, so here we go, I am actually part of the show...













No comments: